Basic Job Functions:
The Logistic Specialist will work to continually drive powerful partnerships and powerful results by executing the division’s safety, quality, cost, productivity, and profitability objectives. This position will be responsible for communicating directly with internal teams and external partners as well as locating capacity for all outbound and inbound freight.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that deliveries occur in an efficient, cost, effective, and timely manner
• Determining and taking action needed to meet the demand while focusing on the utilization and maximization of transportation
• Communicating and building a process with our traffic teams to ensure customer needs are meet, while optimizing our schedules
• Working with partner carriers to develop relationships and patterns that meet Skyline’s customer requirements
• Building and maintaining a carrier performance quality program
• This role, directly and indirectly, supports all activities in the logistics operations, including; identifying potential service challenges, managing freight rate bids, rate negotiations, and monthly analytics
The Logistic Specialist should have a working knowledge and familiarity with customer requirements, and market freight trends, as well as an understanding of supply and demand. This role will regularly use software programs like Microsoft Office, our ERP system, and Carrier Point Transport Management System. Up to 30% travel will be required for this role. The Logistic Specialist will be an integral member of the Skyline team, bringing the ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and communicate with various teammates and vendors. Safety is an important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards to make safety a priority at all times.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
2 year degree in Logistics / Business / Supply Chain or 5+ years equivalent work experience
5+ years’ experience in logistics management or coordination
1+ years’ experience with any Transport Management Systems
Familiarity with Carrier Point TMS
Understanding of HOS driver rules, CSA/DOT guidelines and regulations
Previous experience in piling or construction industry
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace