Junior Report Writer
We are seeking a teammate to assist in the assessment and documentation of business needs and facilitate the design, creation, and deployment of reports.
This position will work closely with business unit teammates to help promote more widespread and consistent use of the ERP/Financial Systems Architecture, including financial reporting, data visualization and other end user productivity tools. In addition to report development and design the position will work with and organize the report development being performed by off-shore vendor resources.
The teammate will be a self-motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. They should be comfortable with change and working with partners at various levels.
- At least 2 years of experience in SQL
- Experience designing and creating reports with technologies such as Cognos, MicroStrategy, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Understanding of Cognos solution; designing and developing using Cognos (Cognos FM Models, reports, framework, dashboards, data modules, data sets). Familiarity with Cognos 11, is highly valued.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an ERP system, financial reporting, manufacturing environment or similar area
- Working knowledge of VBA
- Has demonstrated a strong commitment to Safety and quality in all job aspects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain complex technical subjects to a diverse audience
- Has demonstrated the ability to facilitate delivery of new warehouse sources/tables/marts, etc. while leveraging existing designs/code for consistency and standards
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases (RDBMS) and SQL skills to perform queries, data/file validation, analysis, profiling etc.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation (ETL designs, technical specs, test cases, test results, project status, deployment plans, etc.)
- Experience with developing, testing and deploying smaller reporting and end user computing solutions (Excel, Access)
- Enjoys finding opportunities to increase speed and quality of output.
- Must be able to articulate ideas and turn those ideas into new capabilities, performance improvements, quality improvements, etc.
- Has demonstrated the ability to collaborate with management, peers, and external teams to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs
- Has experience partnering with technical subject matter experts to determine and document the optimal design and reporting solution
- Is self-motivated and able to build relationships with customers and IT professionals from other teams / functions
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and interpret Data Models