Basic Job Functions:
The Coating Specialist will work to continually drive powerful partnerships and powerful results by executing the division’s safety, quality, cost, productivity, and profitability objectives. This position will be responsible for creating an overall special coating process while preparing, maintaining, and approving required quality control forms and documentations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing a quality control interface with our customers and third party inspectors
• Reviewing and interpreting project coating specifications and to ensure we are meeting all requirements
• Working closely with Project Managers to ensure strong schedule management of our Coating Vendors
• Ensuring our Coating Vendor’s processes and quality meet the requirements of the projects, ensuring all required documentation is complete for all shipments, and provide solutions to any coating related issues on a project.
• Routinely meeting with our customers and Engineering team to provide alternative options for coating specifications on a project
• Providing expertise and guidance on any claims related to coating on a project
Up to 25% travel will be for this role. Safety is an important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety practices, policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards to make safety a priority at all times.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
3+ years Quality Control experience
NACE – CIP Level 3 certification required
SSPC Inspector certification required
2+ years experience with a paint and coating manufacturer
Previous experience in piling or construction industry
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace