Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Skyline is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the coordination, oversight and execution of Nucor Skyline’s General Accounting, Financial Reporting and Accounts Payable related activities. This position is responsible for all internal controls in these areas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of the daily, monthly and annual accounting functions of the division, including the period close process, account reconciliations, and period end reporting.
- Direct oversight of accounts payable, fixed assets and inventory.
- Provide analytical support to other departments as necessary, coordinate ad hoc requests and work across departments to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Ensure accuracy, understanding and consistency of application and ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Provide frequent and timely support to various business partners throughout the organization.
- Maintain financial records in compliance with company policies.
- Take a lead role in providing analytical support to other departments as it relates to accounting issues and driving continuous improvements across the business.
- Providing training, development and growth opportunities for the Accounting and Accounts Payable teammates.
Reporting to the Accounting Director, the Accounting Supervisor will be an integral member of the Nucor Skyline leadership team who brings a strong and consistent work ethic to deliver great results.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1-2 years prior leadership or supervisory experience in a related field
- CPA or MBA
- Experience in steel making or fabrication operations
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace