Northern Tool + Equipment
Picker/Packer (2nd Shift) – $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To accurately pick product for direct shipment to the customer.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Obtains Vocollect equipment and product cart.
2. Verifies truck number to obtain item location.
3. Follows standard operating procedure for identification of product identification and quantity.
4. Places product on cart in a manner that ensures safe transport.
5. Packs all orders for shipment to retail store locations.
6. Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
7. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
8. Follows standard operating procedures when performing job.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a related or field.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70-100 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.