Warehouse Operations Lead
The Warehouse Operations Lead is responsible for overseeing the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Responsible for the efficient coordination of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse with emphasis on supporting the operations management team in the efficient execution of the daily work plan to achieve the stated production goals in the assigned discipline. Other responsibilities include: Coaching warehouse associates on the proper techniques and procedures to ensure quality and safety are maintained. The Warehouse Lead will act in place of the Operation Supervisor when necessary due to special projects, vacations, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates loading and unloading of inbound/outbound shipments, orderly stacking of product and picking/staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity
- Coordinates and verifies required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted
- Manages the sign-out process, including safety and quality inspections, for supplies, tools and equipment to include RF and material handling equipment to the warehouse operators as outlined by the Operations Supervisor
- Gain functional knowledge of Allocator role to fill in, if needed.
- Ensures efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment
- Participates in establishing work schedules ensuring correct implementation
- Oversees the proper completion of jobs
- Maintains product locator system and ensure the optimal utilization of space
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Assist with facility audits and enforcement of housekeeping procedures that are assigned to staff
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety
- Will be required to come in prior to shift start as needed for shift setup
- 6 months to 1 years of warehouse leadership experience preferred
- Strong safety awareness, honesty, positive customer service attitude
- Ability to lead a group efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to use a computer to enter and/or retrieve information and process transactions.
- Ability to analyze problematic transactions
- At least 1 year forklift experience and/or using warehouse distribution equipment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull up to 50 lbs
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the warehouse and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Must be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.