Warehouse Operations Clerk
The Warehouse Operations Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping related documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. This position reports to Operations Supervisor or Manager.
This position covers Fri-Sun 6pm-6am + one weekday
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates via email with outbound carriers daily, providing schedule for outbound shipments and equipment needs.
- Communicates through various media with site personnel, essential information to ensure operations are meeting requirements
- Receive all drivers, provide with direction for outbound shipments.
- Using a warehouse management system, systemically open/close shipments and prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents by strict adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Gather, enter into warehouse management system, and maintain all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Assists in Material Handling duties such as receiving, put-away, picking, packing, or loading.
- Actively monitors trailer capacity and proactively works with spotter on trailers moves.
- Assists with other administrative duties as needed by leadership team.
- Files all outbound paperwork so that it is easily accessible when needed.
- Maintains seal log accurately with necessary information.
- Maintains the load board with accurate information.
- May require they communicate work assignments such as appointments to receive, doors to load, items to pick, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience in a fast passed warehouse environment.
- Experience with (Manhattan) Warehouse Management System preferred
- Computer applications using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint).
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Good visual acuity to inspect shipments.
- Good finger dexterity to input data into inventory records.
- Ability to input data on computer to create a daily inventory report.
- Accuracy in recordkeeping and in sorting, checking, counting, and verifying items received.
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and self-motivation skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred, not required.
- MHE experience or desire to learn MHE.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50-100 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the facility and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.