The Material Handler is responsible for the accurate storing, moving and receiving of product to. Performs various manual labor tasks including, but not limited to box making, labeling, picking/packing orders, tape/dunnage, shipping /receiving, palletizing product, manually load trailers and replenishing. Is responsible to maintain accuracy, quality, and meet or exceed productivity quotas while performing these tasks. Must maintain and meet company standards within the safety, security, sanitation procedures. This position reports in the Lead Warehouse Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads freight in an efficient and safe manner.
- Meet productivity requirements as required.
- Ability to operate manual and electric material handling equipment such as hand jacks.
- Moves product to storage area with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Picks orders for shipment and assembles various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Process orders including picking, checking, sorting, and consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing loading and shipment confirmation of customer orders.
- Operates material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner, as required.
- Checks and verifies freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Record information such as weight, time, and date packaged.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conducts operations in a manner promoting safety.
- Conducts sanitation functions as requested.
- Assists in physical inventories, as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- E-commerce background preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in a warehouse and with electric pallet jack experience
- Experience in the use of computerized inventory controls systems, RF Guns
- Ability to identify items on all paperwork including, but not limited to customer orders, bill of lading, manifest, packing lists, stock receipts, and customer labels
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Lift and move totes up to 50-100 pounds
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.