Distribution Operations Management Trainee
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the exciting world of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, then NFI may be the right company for you. NFI places a strong emphasis on developing future leaders, and our Supply Chain Management Trainee Program is structured to do just that.
During the NFI Management Trainee Program, you will complete multiple rotations through many of our businesses and corporate functions at locations throughout the United States. Our robust on-the-job training and development program combined with a vast range of challenging hands-on projects and assignments will prepare you for an entry-level management position.
This program combines individualized functional/tactical training with a strong focus on developing true leaders capable of succeeding in today’s competitive environment. Participants will observe experienced professionals to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for performance excellence.
You will learn to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers as well as a wide range of colleagues throughout NFI.
The program consists of facilitated real-life and classroom learning designed to expose participants to key business functions such as:
- 3PL Distribution Management
- Engineering, facility layout, labor standards
- Operations Support, start ups
- P/L and General Ledger
- 5s and Lean processes
- Corporate functions including safety and Risk Management
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and loads of initiative
- Recently completed Bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- Extracurricular activities that illustrate leadership
- Previous employment or internship experience in a related field preferred
- Must be flexible for extensive travel and possible relocation upon completion of the program
- Ability to make independent decisions; work well in a team environment, customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude required
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
- Must be goal oriented, results driven and assertive
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus/required in some locations