The Custodian is responsible for maintaining sanitation levels in and around company facilities as set forth by company standards.
This position covers weekends 5:00 am-5:30pm
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleans terminal with hand brooms, power scrubbers, sweepers and vacuum cleaners to meet company standards
- Removes all refuse from offices, restrooms, break-rooms and building daily ensuring trash cans are empty and clean
- Ensures that restrooms are stocked with necessary supplies
- Relocates, moves and adjusts office furniture as necessary
- Ensures that pest control systems are operating efficiently and that the highest degree of sanitation and housekeeping is maintained
- Removes ice and snow from pedestrian walkways and parking lot(s)
- Maintains company grounds free from litter and debris
- Prepares company required reports on labor and equipment
- Maintains a log on the history of repairs by type of equipment
- Prepare complete and accurate records and reports as required
- Reports any safety problems to the shift supervisor
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards
- Performs other duties as instructed by the Transportation Operations Manager
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience required
- Must be able to work in varying conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potential holidays as needed.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.