Assistant General Manager
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager role is to relieve a high potential Operations Manager from their day-to-day responsibilities so they can dedicate their time to shadowing and learning how to become an effective General Manager. The time in this training role will last approximately nine to fifteen months, depending on the individual. The Assistant General Manager will be assigned to a Tier One Customer site or a larger site with multiple customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learns how a General Manager leads Managers/Supervisors to ensure operational procedures for executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy are in place.
- Observes and becomes active participant in developing and managing a comprehensive strategy for the facility by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Learns how to make long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and historical data
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and equipment.
- Learns how to read and prepare a facility P&L and annual budget.
- Learns how to audits all billing activity for accuracy, authorize purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer billing.
- Learns how to charge labor hours to the respective departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved and accurate productivity.
- Observes and begins to be the point of contact on all report out on locations financial and operational performance.
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices and adherence to established corporate and department policies and procedures.
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Visits other warehouses and participates in department or company meetings, as necessary.
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to enhance other’s skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent selection.
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on information, tools, and systems.
Safety and Security
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler system testing.
- Learns how to conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover balances in a timely fashion.
- Learns how to review customer contracts, determining and recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and Director of Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 7+ years’ overall experience and experience in managing a 100,000+ sq ft warehouse/distribution center with total revenues up to 1m
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external clients
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred at certain locations
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency, facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
- This position will require up to 75% travel
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.