Senior IT Support Engineer
SUMMARY: The IT Engineer will support of manufacturing systems of a world-class pulp and paper facility in Catawba, SC. The scope of work includes systems/servers, network operations, communication and troubleshooting of traditional IT infrastructure. This individual will also support server hardware, Active Directory, LAN infrastructure, and server builds. The position is located at the Catawba, SC site with some support for the general company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General technical IT Support
- Building and setting up new servers used in the organization
- Tier 1 Application Support (Business, Production and Office Applications)
- Planning and following Server Reboot schedule
- Maintaining computer, user, and group accounts within Active Directory
- Managing VMware environment and MS Server environments 2012, 2016, 2019
- Planning, designing, and implementing group policies
- Creating, deleting, and assigning permissions for Office 365
- Managing EMC NAS environment and maintaining NTFS permissions
- Assisting with backups planning, scheduling, restoration
- Installing and configuring system updates desktop and server
- Setting up and maintaining remote access for people within the organization
- Setting up and troubleshooting Mobile (various) devices
- Special projects and assignments as business dictate
- Depending on experience
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Three to six years experience as a Systems Administrator/Manger in a hands-on capacity
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Hands-On Familiarity with NT and Windows Active Directory
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including at least 6 years industry experience in a technical role.
- Strong experience with VMware, Windows and MS Server Operating Systems
- Hands-On Familiarity with Citrix environments
- Hands-On Familiarity with Exchange & O365 Standard and/or hosted email environments
- Experience with networks; security; device management
- Experience working within a distributed environment both physically and organizationally
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in development of and supporting organizational goals and objectives.
- Solid project management experience. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Business Analysis or Programming Experience a Plus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.