SUMMARY: The Reliability Superintendent is responsible for leading reliability programs of a world-class pulp and paper manufacturing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop long-range maintenance strategy through life cycle tracking, Failure Modes Effect Analysis FMEA’s for critical assets and reliability tables
- Develop and maintain maintenance and reliability standards and specifications, SOP’s
- Act as a Maximo CMMS system driver for reporting, PM creation, modification, and tracking
- Coordinate and deliver training when required to the team, enhance testing/qualification program
- Responsible for predictive maintenance program including mechanical integrity, NDT testing, vibration analysis, electrical testing (EPD & MCE), PM & OBC & lubrication machine inspections/routes, and machine alignment
- Management of contract serviced vibration analysis monitoring program, infrared monitoring, oil analysis programs
- Leader of mill rebuild and refurbishment programs, coordinating shop audits, vendor selection and contract resource
- Responsible for leading, maintaining and reporting on Root Cause Analysis program
- Maintains KPI database through periodic updates
- Responsible for creating and reporting a predictive “watch list” from Vibration monitoring program, IR, oil analysis.
- Member of coverage on a rotating “on-call” for weekend/after-hours maintenance emergences.
- Lead/mentor/develop a team of inter-disciplinary reliability engineers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-year engineering degree in related field
- 10+ years in manufacturing setting; preferably in the pulp & paper industry
- 4+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in reliability tools, including RCM, FMEA, and RCFA
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to train on Maintenance/Reliability tools and practices
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- SMRP, CRL, CRMP, or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.