SUMMARY: New-Indy Catawba, LLC is currently seeking applicants for the position of Production Utility at the Paper Mill located in Catawba SC. The Production Utility’s primary role is to assist other Operators in upset conditions as needed in safe, and efficient manner. This is a non-exempt position. The Production Utility is an entry level position at the Catawba Mill. As jobs in the Paper Mill come available the Productions Utilities are promoted to the openings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the roll splitter
- Operate lift trucks
- Transport rolls to the splitter area
- Housekeeping of all mill areas
- Performance equipment wash-ups and clean-ups as directed
- Supply production area with needed materials
- Cut down off-quality rolls
- Assist on the paper-machine during condition upset and on scheduled outages
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum required
- Successfully complete work-keys skills assessment
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions should also be able to navigate through various reporting software platforms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to apply concepts of math and computer skills
- Must have high attention to details
- Ability to be part of a multi-functional/multi-skill production organization
- Mechanical Aptitude preferred
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills such as:
- Reporting to work on time when scheduled.
- Working unsupervised
- Maintain an absentee rate below 2% of scheduled hours
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must regularly climb up and down multiple levels of stairs.
- Employee is subject to working from ladders, scaffolds and roof.
- Employee has to physically perform demanding tasks such as working on knees, moving and lifting heavy objects (not to exceed 50 lbs.), and standing for extended periods of time on concrete or grating.
- Employee will maintain good safe work practices by evaluating job hazards and provide an adequate action plan by utilizing risk control measures to protect against the hazards
- Employee is required to mount and dismount equipment frequently during the course of a workday.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Frequently exposed to hot and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.