SUMMARY: The Mechanical Master Craftsman will repair and maintain plant equipment for a world-class pulp and paper manufacturing facility mill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee must perform safe and timely maintenance on plant equipment in areas of welding, pipefitting, lubrication and mill righting.
- Example duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Operate power tools
- Assemble/disassemble rotating equipment such as pumps and gearboxes
- Align equipment to a precise standard
- Set bearing clearances
- Perform oxygen and acetylene burning and arc welding
- Perform base pipe/tube fitting and repair
- Prepare rigging for hoisting rolls, gear boxes, motors, etc…
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related industry experience with a stable work history.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery (such as fork trucks, riggings, come-alongs) and other power tools
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check.
- Ability to work overtime work when needed.
- Comfortable working in a Union environment.
- Must have functional knowledge of basic computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office products)
- Ability to perform work at various heights, temperatures and weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.