MAINTENANCE E & I PLANNER
SUMMARY: The Planner is responsible for the safe and efficient planning of all electrical and instrument work activities in the paper mill areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with production and maintenance staff to plan and schedule the repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance work with appropriate operations, maintenance, engineering, and safety staff.
- Fully utilize current information, procedures, and work methods to positively impact equipment reliability.
- Provide technical leadership as necessary to production and/or maintenance employees.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all planning functions.
- Actively pursue measures that improve operational efficiency, cost reduction, and equipment reliability.
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- Example daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily review of new work orders assigned to their planning backlog
- Detail planning for each job on the backlog according to standards
- Develop schedules for maintenance field day activities
- Close work orders with appropriate craftsmen feedback
- Update bills of material as required while planning
- Maintain outage schedules during shutdowns
- Participate in regular scheduling meetings
- Assist team leaders as necessary to complete work orders
- Contact outside contractors as necessary for quotes
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field or appropriate work experience.
- Experience using Maximo or similar enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box.”
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Functional use of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives.
- Highly organized and uses efficient work methods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.