Jonesville Chip Mill Operator
SUMMARY: The Chip Mill Operator will work as part of a team to assist with the daily operation of the a regional mill in Jonesville, SC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weigh log trucks as they enter and exit the facility. Ensure drivers comply with PPE requirements.
- Safely operate a log crane to unload trucks that feed the mill.
- Monitor chipping line operations to ensure that log flow and chip bin capacity are in balance.
- Perform safe and timely maintenance of process equipment.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Industrial Electronics, Industrial Maintenance Technology, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of (2) years related industry experience with a stable work history.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery (such as control panels and fork trucks) and testing/measuring instruments.
- Ability to operate electrical testing/measuring instruments (data loggers, O-scopes, Fluke DPC, multi-meter, etc…)
- Ability to read and interpret both schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery and electrical testing/measuring instruments.
- Must have functional knowledge of basic computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office products)
- Ability to work at various heights up to 120’ in a lift and up to 240’ on a platform.
- Ability to withstand working in various temperature and weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include overtime.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- Must show proficiency in mathematics, locating information and reading for information which will be assessed and measured by the WIN Profile
- Must take an Electrical/Instrumentation test to determine level of proficiency
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Comfortable working in a Union environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must regularly climb up and down multiple levels of stairs.
- Employee is subject to working from ladders, scaffolds and roof to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Employee has to physically perform demanding tasks such as working on knees, moving and lifting heavy objects (not to exceed 50 lbs.), and standing for extended periods of time on concrete or grating.
- Employee will maintain good safe work practices by evaluating job hazards and provide an adequate action plan by utilizing risk control measures to protect against the hazards
- Employee is required to mount and dismount equipment frequently during the course of a workday.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Frequently exposed to hot and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.