SUMMARY: This HR professional will lead various parts of the Human Resource function (including recruitment and hiring) at a world-class pulp and paper manufacturing facility. In addition, this position will help with training and performance management, labor relations, diversity and EEO, and policy compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the organizations hiring process, which includes identification, selection, and onboarding of talent.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management efforts.
- Assist with implementation of mill training systems.
- Create programs that maximize employment of people from different backgrounds.
- Lead investigations of complaints brought forward by employees.
- Help manage labor relations, which includes employees represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Assist with preparation and storage of records that meet all state and federal requirements.
- Avail self to development opportunities, including promotional positions at this and other facilities.
- Assist with a variety of other HR functions, including compensation, benefits, and wellness.
- Keep up-to-date with latest HR trends and best practices.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Desire for future promotional opportunities across the organization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum five years Human Resources and recruiting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of HR functions and best practices, including labor law.
- Applicable experience with HR information systems, preferably Paycom.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including conflict management.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities to meet short and long-term goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions.
- Functional use of office productivity products and enterprise planning systems.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Potential exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.