Electrical & Instrumentation Mastercraft
SUMMARY: E/I Mastercraft is a member of a team of employees charged with maintenance of all electrical and instrumentation equipment for a world-class pulp and paper manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee must perform safe and timely repairs to plant equipment in areas of electrical and instrument maintenance.
- Example duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot various input elements of control loop, including pressure, temperature, and flow measurement devices. (i.e. Magnetic and DP flow meters, various temperature transmitters with thermocouples or RTD sensors, DP, UT and radar level transmitters).
- Troubleshoot various final control elements of control loop, including discrete and continuous devices.
- Understand operation of control loops, including an understanding of PLC’s(GE Series VI, AB PLC SLC’s, and Siemens)
- Troubleshoot and repair AC & DC circuits and control equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair single phase motors and three phase electrical systems up to 13kV.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Industrial Electronics, Industrial Maintenance Technology, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of (2) years related industry experience with a stable work history.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery (such as control panels and fork trucks) and testing/measuring instruments.
- Ability to operate electrical testing/measuring instruments (data loggers, O-scopes, Fluke DPC, multi-meter, etc…)
- Ability to read and interpret both schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery and electrical testing/measuring instruments.
- Must have functional knowledge of basic computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office products)
- Ability to work at various heights up to 120’ in a lift and up to 240’ on a platform.
- Ability to withstand working in various temperature and weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include overtime.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- Must show proficiency in mathematics, locating information and reading for information which will be assessed and measured by the WIN Profile
- Must take an Electrical/Instrumentation test to determine level of proficiency
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Comfortable working in a Union environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must regularly climb up and down multiple levels of stairs.
- Employee is subject to working from ladders, scaffolds and roof to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Employee has to physically perform demanding tasks such as working on knees, moving and lifting heavy objects (not to exceed 50 lbs.), and standing for extended periods of time on concrete or grating.
- Employee will maintain good safe work practices by evaluating job hazards and provide an adequate action plan by utilizing risk control measures to protect against the hazards
- Employee is required to mount and dismount equipment frequently during the course of a workday.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Frequently exposed to hot and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.