New Hope Treatment Centers
This position provides for an educational experience for residents, whose emotional, mental, or physical disabilities make it difficult for them to learn. The unique job functions outlined are designed with a focus on safety and quality.
- Designs/utilizes Individual Educational Plans (IEP) to monitor and/or promote educational and intellectual development of residents.
- Coordinates or Administers appropriate educational testing to gather data for the development of the Individualized Educational Plan.
- Provides therapeutic intervention in the classroom to maintain a therapeutic educational environment and manages resident behaviors effectively.
- Develops and submits appropriate individualized lesson plans.
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings, Individualized Educational Plan meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Provides an appropriate educational program for each resident based on thorough assessment and review of previous school records.
- Provides clear, consistent guidelines and expectations to Residential Counselors I, II and III assigned to his/her classroom. Posts classroom rules for easy reference by residents and staff.
- Completes required documentation (including report cards, educational discharge summaries, etc) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides accurate information regarding residents’ academic progress to the treatment team on a monthly basis and participates in the overall decision making process of the treatment team for quality resident care. Information is provided weekly for the designated students on the roster of that week.
- Updates bulletin boards quarterly and maintains a neat and inviting classroom.
- Engages students in hands-on activities to strengthen understanding and demonstrates creativity in the instructional process.
- Participates in school wide initiatives with students.
- Plans and participates in field trips that are linked to current content from the classroom.