New Hope Treatment Centers
Under general supervision, the LPN will participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care, within the objectives, standards and policies of the department and within the parameters of his or her preparation. Relates effectively with other shifts for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments; participates in all phases of education and the maintenance of records. The unique job functions outlined are designed with a focus on safety and quality.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments within the scope of practice.
- Transcribes physicians’ orders on appropriate forms.
- Adheres to standing orders for admission procedures and the administration of over the counter medications.
- Reports the medical needs of residents to the physician and coordinates medical care required.
- Participates in nursing assessments by gathering and reporting data to the RN or Physician.
- Responsible for nurse case management duties.
- Ensures resident’s immunizations are current following DHEC/guidelines and current immunization records are maintained.
- Acts as contributing member of multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Maintain orderliness and adequacy of medical supplies and medication.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Plan monitoring activities.
- Assists staff in the administration and documentation of any special treatment procedures delivered to residents.
- Knowledge of current pharmacy manual, pharmacy protocols and procedures.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Completes other related tasks as assigned.
- May be required to change work schedule including days assigned, number of hours assigned with possible weekend and holiday assignments.
- Participates in staff growth and development activities
Education/Experience: Must possess a current license in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a state with compact privileges. Basic computer skills are a must.
The hours for this LPN position are 36 hours every other weekend. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 8:00am-8:30pm