New Hope Treatment Centers
Director of Physical Plant Operations
The Director, of Physical Plant Operation coordinates the operations, safety and maintenance of a 120 thousand square foot behavioral healthcare facility. Responsibilities includes the administrative oversight of property management , which includes the monitoring of all routine and preventative maintenance of the facility equipment and property and oversight of all related contracted services including, but not limited to; grounds keeping, housekeeping, linen, elevator maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, extermination and other key services.
- Licensing Standards, Policy Development and Training:
- Ensures buildings, grounds, materials, equipment, and vehicles meet applicable licensing and regulatory standards (OSHA, DHEC, NFPA, Joint Commission, etc.)
- Facilitates the development, revision, and implementation of facility safety education programs, including the coordination of drills (i.e., fire, tornado, emergency evacuations, etc.)
- Ensures that the organization has written policies and procedures for maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Building and Grounds:
- Oversees any construction or renovations on the building and the grounds.
- Coordinates all leasing arrangements, and all service and maintenance contracts related to the buildings, and equipment.
- Develops implements and reviews a system of maintenance logs to insure the timely completion of maintenance requests and proper preventative maintenance of the building and equipment.
- Ensures all structural components of the facility are safe, clean, and in compliance with all applicable standards.
- Ensures that the facility grounds are maintained in a manner that provides safe access to and a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Purchasing and Inventory:
- Coordinates the purchase and ordering of building supplies, including patient care equipment.
- Develops and maintains an information system which will provide the billing office with necessary documentation for billing of property management expenses.
- Building Standards compliance:
- Ensures that the building is in compliance with the provisions of SC DHEC standard 61-103, the Joint Commission and the Life Safety Code of the National Fire Protection Association. (NFPA)
- Essential Management Functions
- Assures that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job within area of responsibility are clearly defined, effective and communicated.
- Assures that qualified personnel are selected for positions supervised and that orientation and on-the-job training programs are conducted and effective.
- Monitors performance of staff supervised. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Assures timely performance appraisals of staff supervised.
- Assures that effective communications are maintained within area of responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of current responsibilities of areas supervised.
- Inputs and monitors time and attendance for the property management department.
- Oversees all external contractors and contracted building, service or maintenance agreements
- Additional Responsibilities
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Provides employee trainings on key areas under scope of responsibility.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have an extensive background in maintenance and a general understanding of all applicable building and licensure codes and general accreditation standards. Must have a minimum of 5 years supervisory property management experience or general construction management experience. A general contractor’s license is preferred.