New Hope Treatment Centers
The Dietary Cook is primarily responsible for ensuring that all aspects of a resident nutritional need are met though meals and snacks that insure nutritional value. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring that all dietary areas met JCAHO and DHEC sanitation and safety standards. The unique job functions outlined are designed with a focus on safety and quality.
- Reviews menus prior to preparing food items, and prepares and serves menu items in conjunction with planned menus, portion control and Resident Diet & Allergy List.
- Prepares all foods in a manner that will ensure the utmost in quality and with minimum of waste/or shrinkage.
- Does all necessary preparation of menu items for the following day’s menu.
- Prepares, set-up, serve and clean up salad bar items and area.
- Ensure that required temperatures for refrigeration, freezers, food items and other regulated items/area are taken, recorded and corrective action taken if necessary.
- Assist with the preparation, set-up, serving, and clean-up of all meals.
- Assist with the cleaning of all equipment and areas in the Dietary department to include the café to ensure a safe and sanitary department.
- Washes dishes /silverware, pots and pans according to dishwashing procedures, which allows for proper air dying of these items.
- Empties trash, sweeps, mops all dietary department area at the end each shift.
- Assist with putting up stock using the First in First Out Method (FIFO) to include dating all items.
- Ensure that all items once opened are properly sealed, labeled and dated.
- Leaves all kitchen and café work areas clean, sanitized, stocked and in order and ready for the next shift.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the Dietary Manager and/or Director of Physical Plant Operations.
- May require evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Experience/Education: Previous experience in quantity food services is desired.
Work Location: Rock Hill, SC