The Maintenance & Reliability Manager is responsible for directing and providing the necessary support required to maintain the plant/facility and equipment to insure continuous and efficient production operations in alignment with TPM and strategic goals.
• The Maintenance & Reliability Manager has the responsibility and authority to:
• Drive the Total Productive Maintenance Methodology in compliance to the Meritor Production System.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system;
• Identify and record any product, process, and quality system problems;
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels;
• Verify the implementation of solutions and ensure problem solving to mitigate unplanned equipment downtime;
• Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected as defined by applicable procedures and/or by delegation of the facilities manager.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Standards of Business Conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Supports the Plant Vision Mission.
• Meet A.O.P. budget goals, including P & E expenditures; major repair expenditures; Maintenance & Reliability labor; improving productivity; assisting other departments by completing identified projects timely.
• B.S. degree required (in Engineering, Management, or Business preferred)
• 10 years related experience required (in machining/metal working preferred)
• Working knowledge and background of manufacturing engineering departments and most phases of manufacturing and plant equipment
• Demonstrated managerial experience working in a team environment
• TPM business system experience
• Experience implementing CMMS and preventive/predictive maintenance programs
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook experience
• Kronos system experience preferred
• Experience evaluating, hiring and management of technical employees
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in motivating, directing, listening, counseling, evaluating, and training subordinates
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.