McGee Enterprises, Inc.
We have an immediate need for 1st shift (M-F, shift starts at 7:00am or 8:00am) maintenance mechanics.
This is a full-time experienced Maintenance Technician position that is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, control valves, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps. Maintenance Technicians are also responsible for troubleshooting and repairing AC/DC electrical systems, reading schematics, and using electrical testing equipment (Volt-Ohm meter, amp meter, etc.). Our experienced Maintenance Technicians contribute a unique skillset through the use of preventative maintenance systems and work order tracking. Maintenance Technician have the skill and flexibility to work on any equipment within the facility and to operate lathes, mills, arc and gas welders for repair, and fabrication.
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and encoders, motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V & 480V systems, HVAC, PLC Troubleshooting and programming.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot PLCs preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail and accuracy.
· Manages work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information
· Ensure compliance with appropriate safety policies and procedures.
· Responsible for applying her/his maintenance experience and competence.
· Responsible for responding to and resolving maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production, and performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment during machine service
· Actively participate in suggestion and continuous improvement initiatives while supporting the 5s agenda.
· Install, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic systems and components
· Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems and devices (Includes motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V & 480V systems, HVAC, PLC Troubleshooting and programming)
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
This Position Is Ideal for Someone Who:
- Is Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Is Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Is Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Responds to work orders related to equipment/facility malfunctions/breakdowns/troubleshooting.
- Performs equipment installation and preventive maintenance on complex equipment.
- Performs diagnostic troubleshooting using wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Replaces or repairs worn or defective parts.
· Job Type: Full-time
· Position involves light to medium walking, standing, stooping, carrying and lifting of medium to heavy-weight materials (up to 75 pounds).
· Must have 5+ years previous electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, piping, and welding experience
· Associate’s Degree (A.A) advanced technical training in electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and PLC preferred. Moderate experience in a combination of mechanical, electrical and hydraulics fields also required
· 10 years’ Maintenance experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, PLCs, electronics and/or mechanical fields in lieu of Associate’s Degree
· Successful completion of a formalized Apprenticeship Program or possess a related-field Journeyman’s card in lieu of Associate’s Degree
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders