Truck Driver – CDL
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Truck Driver to join the Legrand North America Team in Fort Mill, SC. This position will jockey trucks back and forth from the yard to the facility shipping area, as needed and provides information on the availability of trucks to the Transport Department.
What Will You Do?
Drives switch truck to locations on terminal lot to hook/pick up trailers or unhook/drop trailers. Ensuring operation in safe and efficient manner in accordance with company safety rules. Prepares fuel tickets, activity reports, etc., and submits to supervisor. Maintains communication with company offices via two-way radio and/or telephone. Performs other related work which will include but not limited to; working in the warehouse alongside of warehouse crew, as required while operating within required work requirements of the position. Conduct yard checks and keep logs.
Education: Highschool diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience in operation of heavy trucks, preferably including delivery experience and a valid CDL Class A License.
- Considerable knowledge of operation of heavy trucks.
- General knowledge of the occupational hazards and proper safety precautions for operation of a heavy single or combination motor vehicle.
- Skill in the safe and efficient operation of a heavy single or combination motor vehicle.
- Ability to operate two-way radios.
- Ability to complete simple forms according to established format.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in frequent contact with customers, vendors and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Inspections of trucks and trailers to determine if meeting DOT specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring trucks are fueled.
- Report any vehicle malfunctions or issues.
- Must function and interact daily with warehouse personnel and comply with warehouse safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.