At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Training Advocate to join the Legrand NA Fort Mill DC Team in South Carolina . This individual is responsible for providing positive minded on-floor training in a distribution center environment. They will assist with the onboard training activities as well as provide additional training that supports performance improvement specific to quality and productivity. They will provide cross training in support of department needs.
What Will You Do?
- Goal of the position is to deliver a qualified employee to the operations team.
- Provide floor training and development of employees (handed off from the onboard training program.)
- The expectation is to be responsible for the completion of training for new hires over the course of 30 days.
- Perform coaching and orientation evaluations of employee performance based on quality, punctuality, and productivity.
- Perform weekly training evaluations/audits on existing associates.
- Communicate and troubleshoot issues that arise with the assigned employees
- Communicate associate training status to leads, and members of management.
- Assist in cross-training as needed
- Assist in employee evaluation in regards to continue training, ending assignments or reassigning employees.
- Follow and enforce all company policies & safety rules, also reports all accidents and damage immediately.
- Perform quality and performance observations.
- Perform 5S audits, aisle audits, and safety audits/walkthroughs.
- Perform job duties as requested by management.
- If required, assist other departments in performing any requested work.
- Reports any quality/performance issues to management.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as business requires.
- Encourage accuracy and teamwork.
- Participate on continuous improvement projects and kaizen events.
- High School Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 months of experience at Legrand
- Must have less than 3 attendance points and no current discipline on file
- Knowledge of core DC operation jobs such as Picking, packing, replenishment, and loading (but not limited to).
- Must meet quality and productivity standards
- Must be able to trouble shoot and solve problems
- Must be able to assess situations and evaluate performance of others objectively.
- Self-disciplined individual with strong work ethic and the ability to work with large and small groups.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to an accurate timeline to ensure success.
- Must be an effective communicator and must be a good fit with the training department
- MHE driving experience preferred.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical,