At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join the Legrand – Fort Mill DC Team in Fort Mill, SC.
What Will You Do?
- Perform regular maintenance/repairs on equipment and facility
- Construction and general maintenance
- Diagnose problems with malfunctioning equipment.
- Make sure that equipment is functioning according to Safety regulations.
- Detect and repair defective parts and/or materials.
- Installation of parts, equipment, office and facility items
- Carry out all duties that are necessary in resolving reactionary activities, and report the need for further maintenance and safety to maintenance lead and Facility manager
- Ensure the proper use of all tools in the workshop for cutting, bending and welding of equipment
- Repairs on ceilings, floors and walls by combining plaster of spackle and painting, carpentry
- Take out damaged sheets and replace them with sheet rock and finishing seams
- Ensure proper repair and finishing of doors, desks, tables, chairs and other furniture
- Proactive/reactive to safety measures and report and correct conditions that are likely to endanger safety of workers to management for quick resolution
- Perform required duties in drills and real fire and other emergencies
- Reports to Maintenance Technician Lead and Facility Manager
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician
- Licensed Electrician Preferred
- Have good knowledge of electricity, carpentry and plumbing among other technical skills
- Have good knowledge of troubleshooting techniques in order to determine exact problems and tackle them accordingly
- Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding
- Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment to avoid causing injuries to self and others on ground
- An active Driver’s License.
- Ability to work split shift (preferred hours 1:00 PM – 9:30) and some weekends as needed.
- Appropriate Certifications for the equipment in use.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for the appropriate equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical,