Fort Mill Logistics Hourly Intern
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Associate I Level 2, to join the Legrand North America Team in Fort Mill, SC. The successful candidate prepares, bundles, and packages the finished product for shipment to the customer. Secures finished product for transport using manual bundling tools. Moves finished product to designated area by manually lifting and moving
What Will You Do?
- Secures and bundles product for shipment. Tools used; cardboard, wood reinforcements, strapping tools, tape, and shrink wrap.
- Applies labels to the finished product.
- Moves and stacks material/product to designated area (staging, will call etc.).
- Ensures accurate customer order number is placed on finished packages.
- Makes pallets for use in the transport of finished goods to the customer.
- Inspects all products packaged to ensure high quality shipment to the customer.
- Working knowledge of appropriate safety practices; must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow all safety policies and practices.
- Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Counts and audit orders.
- Currently enrolled in high school or college, or recent high school graduate.
- Entry Level
- Basic mathematical abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Self-disciplined individual with strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Ability to read and understand procedures.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Operate Radio Frequency (RF) equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand the majority of the workday.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
Equal Opportunity Employer