Giving Tree Child Development Center
Early Childhood Educator
*Full-Time Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday (hours subject to change)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and providing care for children as well as setting and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program/routine to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning age-appropriate and innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of each child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents via HiMama (sending pictures, entering daily activities, etc.)
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to administration and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Working towards preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Working with and building professional relationships with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Great with kids and have worked in a licensed child care facility for a minimum of 6 months.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to exercise patience when interacting with children.
- A caring and approachable nature.
- Stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed, Monday thru Friday.