Take a lead role in monitoring and coordinating production processes to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production. Support the startup of new installations and operations of existing processes.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times, performing all required SH&E responsibilities.
- Executes tasks using recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices including industry codes and standards
- Participates in operational and mechanical trouble shooting in all process areas in the plant
- Process evaluation, testing and improvements
- Design and implementation of process modifications, including, but not limited to, safety, throughput, and energy efficiency improvements
- Implement process control improvements
- Conduct raw materials yield and improvement studies
- Conduct energy yield and improvement studies
- Ability to set up and facilitate process hazard analyses
- Develop/compile operating instructions & equipment specification for production activities.
- Provide training and guidance to operation team members to accomplish production goals
- Develops and interacts with the computerized maintenance management system
- Develops pro-active engineering solutions based on RCFA findings
- Supports the safe start-up of new equipment and processes. Evaluate equipment installation and start-ups
- Provides project management support for equipment / system upgrades
- Proficient in the use of ChemCAD for process modeling
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a chemical plant environment
- Technical training in chemical and process operations
- Strong production systems analytical skills
- Strong equipment / process technical knowledge
- Strong Organizational skills
- Able to perform mathematical equations necessary for position’s essential duties
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Able to learn, understand & support company policies and procedures
- Able to recognize and communicate to management any difficulties or problems as related to this position’s essential duties and responsibilities
- Strong computer base skills – MS Office
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.