Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety
Residential Product Developer
Convinced that the continuing cycle of human suffering that strikes families and communities in the wake of severe weather can be broken, the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) is a team of scientists and risk communicators who deliver strategies to build safer and stronger homes and businesses. IBHS’ real-world impact enables the insurance industry and affected property owners to prevent avoidable losses.
IBHS is an independent, nonprofit, scientific research and communications organization supported solely by property and casualty insurers and reinsurers that conduct business in the U.S. or reinsure risks located in the U.S.
The Residential Product Developer will translate IBHS top-tier science and broader resiliency resources into compelling product that provides guidance for reducing natural and man-made hazard losses while promoting mitigation efforts of home owners.
Potential candidates must demonstrate experience that can relate to one or more of these broad areas:
- Education/Experience – 5 – 7 years of design, art, and/or website design experience. Understanding of workflow from pre-production through distribution is critical. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Design, Digital Marketing or similar required. Position competencies and KSA’s are typical of a person with 5+ years similar experience. Additionally, three to five years of experience working with real estate or home remodeling is recommended. Intermediate experience with resilience concepts, applications in marketing, design, and construction of residential buildings is highly recommended.
The potential candidates must possess these core competencies:
ü Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
ü Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and diverse team
ü Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements or current events
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Insurance, Media Design, Resiliency, Graphic Design, Visual Effects, Interactive Design or other applicable majors. Candidates with degrees in Computer Science and Information Technology coupled with the above described experiences are also encouraged to apply. Candidate highly experienced and gifted at guiding homeowners through remodels or home purchases are also encouraged to apply.
IBHS Core Values:
- Integrity – Consistent, dependable, reliable, and accountable. Capable of planning and executing projects to collect meaningful data, striving for high quality data and results, following prescribed procedures or suggesting and documenting deviations to ensure quality, systematic results.
- Professional Excellence – knowledgeable, experienced, and respectful. Personally respected internally and externally for quality work, attention to detail and knowledge aimed at improved testing and performance. Ability to communicate in a professional manner for audiences of varying levels.
- Credibility – Honest, believable, trustworthy, accurate, and knowledgeable. Sets reasonable expectations and deadlines and meets them. Has a reputation for being dependable and trustworthy. Ensures all tasks are completed accurately, demonstrating attention to detail and employing industry or best practices.
- Real-World Impact – Transformative, actionable, meaningful, passionate, and influential. Actively participates in making IBHS a better place to work by suggesting things that improve safety and work flow. Encourages team to fully understand that the work we do will have long lasting impact in building safer, stronger communities. Considers audience needs and strives to meet them when delivering information to ensure biggest impact.