UX Researcher II
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Discover insights that define awesome solutions for industrial companies.
Join a fast-paced, global, and multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a UX Researcher to research and evaluate outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies like AR and voice. You will be part of a global design team that tightly partners with marketing, offering management, and engineers. You will work alongside and learn from many designers and user researchers across several business domains and personas.
- Conduct generative and evaluative research activities including contextual inquiries, structured interviews, surveys, competitor benchmarks, card sorts, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, SUS assessments, and summative usability studies.
- Influence product design by synthesizing and communicating research findings through artifacts including personas, journey maps, outcome-based use cases, prototypes and models, information architecture frameworks, and usability test reports.
- Contribute to the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
Evaluative Research (25%)
Generative Research (25%)
Work with Design Team (25%)
Work with product teams (25%)
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology
- 2+ years’ experience designing and conducting evaluative and generative research.
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- Bachelors plus certificate in HCI
- Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
- Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
- An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
- A passion for, and familiarity with the industries for which we design. If you’ve ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, let us know.
- A track record of creating intellectual property.
- Proficiency with tools for UX research, analysis, and synthesis (e.g., Validately, Optimal Workshop, Morae, Miro, Survey Monkey, SPSS, SAS, Adobe Creative Suite)
- JOB ID: HRD82931
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States