User Experience Designer
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Would you love to join a dynamic, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group? SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a midlevel UX Designer ready to take their craft and skills to the next level by driving the design of outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies such as AR and Voice. You will be part of a global design team that collaborates with stakeholders across the business including offering management, marketing, and engineering. You will work with other designers and user researchers across several business domains and personas and have the opportunity to own the design of entire products or substantial components.
· Craft and iteratively refine UI prototypes (low- through high-fidelity as appropriate) that effectively communicate design intent to the cross-functional product team and customers.
· Incorporate research insights, UX best practices, business needs, and the Honeywell Design Language System in your designs.
· Contribute to cohesive design strategies that span multiple touchpoints for a product life cycle
· Contribute to the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
· Participate in research activities. Plan and conduct workshops.
· Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) at least 15% of your time
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology OR any Bachelors degree plus certificate in HCI.
· 4+ years’ experience designing digital solutions
· Proficiency with design tools for UI prototyping and visual asset creation (e.g., Axure, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
· Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing).
· Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
· Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
· Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex design solutions in released products. Online or hardcopy formats are acceptable.
· An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.