Sr. UX/UI Designer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a fast-paced, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level UX Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies such as AR and voice, coach and mentor other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help define both near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
Create and iteratively refine UI prototypes (low- through high-fidelity as appropriate) that effectively communicate design intent to the cross-functional product team and customers.
Incorporate research insights, UX best practices, business needs, and the Honeywell Design Language System in your design
Develop and implement cohesive design strategies that span touch points across the life cycle of multiple products.
Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
Participate in generative and evaluative research activities. Plan and conduct workshops.
Drive and maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group by defining standard templates and processes.
Manage engagements with external design and development firms.
Coach and mentor others.
User Interface Design (45%)
Work with User Research (25%)
Work with product teams (30%)
The above may include travel at about 15% of your time
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology
- 5+ years’ experience designing digital solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience working with UX research methodology and tools.
- 5+ years’ experience working with design tools for UI prototyping and visual asset creation (e.g., Axure, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or related field.
- Certificate in HCI.
- Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing).
- Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
- Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
- An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design trade offs.
- A passion for, and familiarity with the industries for which we design. If you’ve ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, let us know.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- JOB ID: HRD82948
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States