Sr. UX Researcher
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a fast-paced, global, and multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level UX Researcher ready to define the user experience for outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies like AR and voice. You’ll confront new, interesting, business-critical challenges across many business domains and personas in productivity, efficiency, safety, and compliance. You will coach and mentor other researchers and engage people from many other disciplines from entry level to director level to advocate for user needs tactically and strategically.
Main Responsibilities & Qualifications
Design and conduct generative and evaluative research activities including contextual inquiries, structured interviews, surveys, competitor benchmarks, card sorts, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, SUS assessments, and summative usability studies.
Influence the design of products and product lines by synthesizing and communicating research findings through artifacts including personas, journey maps, outcome-based use cases, prototypes and models, information architecture frameworks, and usability test reports.
Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
Develop and implement comprehensive research strategies to collect data across the life cycle of multiple related products.
Plan and facilitate design workshops and UX training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders and customers.
Drive and maintain the quality of research and consistency of deliverables across the research group by defining standard templates and processes. Manage engagements with external research and design firms. Coach and mentor others.
Evaluative Research (10%)
Generative Research (25%)
Work with Design Team (35%)
Work with product teams (25%)
The above may include travel at about 20%
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and conducting evaluative and generative research.
- 5+ years’ experience working with tools for UX research, analysis, and synthesis (e.g., Validately, Optimal Workshop, Morae, Miro, Survey Monkey, SPSS, SAS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Master’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex analysis and results from insight and synthesis in compelling manner to a lay audience.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
- Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
- An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
- A passion for, and familiarity with the industries for which we design. If you’ve ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, let us know.
- A track record of creating intellectual property.
- JOB ID: HRD82944
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States