Sr Technical Project Manager – New Product Development
Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance and objectives within Honeywell Safety and Productivity Business. You will contribute to product strategies, technology
road-maps and improvements in engineering quality and productivity. You will lead and manage a group of talented professionals who provide deep expertise to facilitate the success new product development projects and programs.
Use your strategic thinking to help anticipate problems, eliminate barriers and reduce cycle time.
Deliver technical requirements and meet cost targets for new product launches.
Own the project management process and tools to facilitate opportunities to improve our ability to control cost, schedule and quality.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
- Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
- customer relationships
- Understand technology
- Estimation development and analysis
- Cost development
- Budget analysis
- Metric development/reporting
- Risk/OPP development and management
- Vendor interface
- Project Performance
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience technical project management both hardware and software
- New product development experience from initial research & development though production launch and sales phases
- Experience working with cross-functional internal resources (sales, marketing, testing, manufacturing, quality, purchasing) as they relate to the project or product
- PMI PMP Certification
- MBA preferred
- Agile Certification
- Annual Operating Plan objectives and team impact to business unit goals.
- Meeting internal and external customer goals and expectations with regards to cost, delivery, quality, price, sales and margin for new product development launches.
- Understanding of business objectives
- Persuade to influence cross functional peers and leaders to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Identifying issues and risks early and taking actions to minimize impact.