Sr Software Support Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Senior Software Support Engineer role is the most senior within the Technical Support team, taking care of the most complex customer issues and tackling the role and responsibilities of subject matter expert in their field. Once a specific problem has been elevated to Tier 3 by the front line Tier 2 team, it will be the Tier 3 Engineer’s responsibility to work towards root cause determination and expedite an action plan – often with help from Engineering and Quality – to resolve the problem.
While the role may require less front-line customer interaction than the lower Tier levels, the role is still very much a customer facing one, so strong skills are a requirement in taking care of both external and internal customers alike.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
- Handling complex issues raised from the lower support tiers and recording all related activities in the ticketing system.
- Deep investigation of complex technical issues and the solution of support requests.
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring of the lower support tiers to improve product knowledge and issue handling skills.
- Preparing the team to support new product offerings, by participating in the Honeywell New Product Introduction (NPI) program.
- Actively developing and maintaining technical knowledge base content.
- Timely communication to customers with focus on service and relationship building.
- Providing back-up to the front-line support staff at peak times as required.
- Provide in depth pre- and post-sales technical assistance for internal and external customers, facilitating the investigation, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of complex technical issues. Areas will include factors relating to configuration, installation, environmental and application functionality, as well as other potential causes.
- Expedite timely resolutions wherever possible to help maintain and reduce case closure cycle times.
- Work with and advance issues to Engineering and Quality teams where required, prioritizing requests based on severity and business case.
- Build positive relationships with our partner and end customer base and become knowledgeable about their respective needs. Keep the customer updated on the status of work in progress on their problems.
- Develop robust communication practices with strong focus on customer service and solution quality.
- Support the knowledge-sharing attitude and apply the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology guidelines. Contribute knowledge content for all new issues encountered by and resolved at Tier 3 and improve existing content where necessary to ensure good transparency, re-usability of data on known problems.
- Keep the case handling system updated with current information on the support case, related activities and resolution.
- Participate in assigned NPI projects and fully prepare the support teams for new product launches.
- Maintain and extend product knowledge by self-study and by attending relevant training sessions.
- Regularly share product and problem-solving knowledge via mentoring and training initiatives.
- Mentor agents in lower support tiers as part of the company’s talent development and retention ethos.
You Must Have
- Minimum of 5 years in a role requiring troubleshooting and problem solving skills – ability to quickly assess the impact, complexity and urgency of technical issues.
- 3-5 years Software developer experience, including .NET, HTML5, J-Script, C++, SQL or iOS.
o Experience supporting the latest product technology and platforms including Wireless systems, Android and Windows embedded platforms (CE,WEH,Win 10 Mobile) and related drivers and utilities.
o Knowledge of Industry related technology and applications, familiarity with bar code scanning technologies.