Sr. HSE Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We are seeking a Sr HSE Engineer to join the Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions team.
Serve as a functional HSE expert and support the facility, including providing leadership and technical support on HSE programs and ensure full and on-going compliance with applicable regulatory and Honeywell requirements. You will partner with business leaders and employees to continuously improve HSE culture, awareness and accountability, in support of site’s HSE objectives and business initiatives. You will integrate HSE processes, procedures, and practices into daily operations. You will support incident investigations and conduct corrective action closure verification activities. You will support development and implementation world-class HSEF management systems.
Position will be based in Fort Mill, SC and provide HSE support to our Charlotte, NC site.
- Work with lab and equipment owners at the site to ensure lab safety and compliance
- Specific responsibilities will include general lab safety, chemical hygiene, chemical safety and management, PPE, radiation safety, laser safety, machinery safety/LOTO, respiratory protection, ergonomics, waste management, hazard identification, hazard communication, training, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Serve as the Chemical Hygiene Officer and Laser Safety Officer
- Develops, recommends and implements practical, functional approaches to resolve safety, health and environmental issues in support of location strategies for achieving customer satisfaction and regulatory/policy compliance.
- Provides advice on safety, health and environmental concerns and works with employees at all organizational levels to affect corrective action strategies. Serves as adviser to safety committees.
- Delivers safety, health and environment training on required regulatory, corporate and site-specific topics.
- Reviews current and proposed regulations/corporate requirements and recommends appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Utilizes (HOS) six-sigma tools and behavior-based safety strategies to guide injury prevention efforts.
- Facilitates root cause analyses of significant injuries and incidents.
- Works with teams and leads/conducts investigations into incidents involving any violations and prepares appropriate written reports.
- Conducts internal health, safety and environmental audits to verify compliance levels.
- Evaluates site HSE management system, procedures and processes and implements changes to maximize effectiveness.
- Develops site specific safety, health, and environment policies/procedures and ensures that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures.
- Reviews new chemicals and processes from a safety and health perspective and ensures appropriate controls are established prior to introduction into the workplace.
- Interfaces with site personnel and teams on a regular basis.
- Interfaces with regulatory and local law enforcement agencies.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience of HSE in lab, clinic or similar healthcare facility
- Minimum of 5+ years of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) experience.
- Strong bias for action and ability to lead, motivate and influence others to achieve HSE goals and objectives in diverse work environments.
- Thorough understanding of HSE regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with strategic and tactical HSE experience.
- Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
- Effectively interfaces with employees at all organizational levels. Excellent interpersonal skills (training/presentation, leadership coaching, facilitation, team collaboration, communication).
- Experience participating in audits and implementing HSE management systems.
- Warehouse and assembly experience.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- CSP / CIH Certifications.
- JOB ID: HRD101261
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.