Sr Advanced Software Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your wireless/RF engineering skills and experience to analyze and develop wireless telecommunications capabilities within the Honeywell embedded software team. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world’s most talented engineers. You will bring value to Honeywell’s wireless products and services by enhancing device performance within wireless networks and optimizing operation in unique customer applications. You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while working within a global technical team.
The engineering organization is pursuing Senior Engineer in the RF engineering team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for RFID product development, engineering testing, customer support, and improving RFID firmware in embedded Linux based platforms.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 15+ years’ experience in RFID systems development including requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Experience with wireless near field communication technologies including RFID, NFC, and Bluetooth
- Extensive knowledge of wireless protocols and RF systems with focus on RFID
- Should have knowledge of wireless technologies such as RF identification protocols, their drivers, and regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with digital signal processing
- Extensive experience with Android/Linux/RTOS based software platforms
- Proficiency with wireless debug methodologies to isolate low level system issues and troubleshoot complex hardware and software technical problems