Sr. Advanced Design Studio Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking a Design Studio Engineer to join our global cross-functional experience design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the Healthcare division of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. You will work closely with our industrial designers, the mechanical engineering team and suppliers as you translate design intent into products ready for launch. We are after a special kind of design engineer. It’s likely you’ve had a background in industrial design and mechanical engineering and love the technical challenges involved in DFM. You will be an important conduit between Design and Engineering, helping to deliver high quality aesthetics and functional design. You care about the details, from the quality of the external surfacing though to the innovative mechanisms that deliver world-class design experiences for our users. You’re brave, inventive and strive for perfection, bringing energy and determination to deliver outstanding branded, seamless experiences.
- Expert in materials and manufacturing processes
- Produce manufacture-ready Class A surfaces
- Advanced SolidWorks or Creo skills (3D CAD)
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities with a keen eye for translating industrial design intent into production
- Ability to communicate ideas, rationalize problems and create solutions
- Create mechanical simulations and plastic part/assembly files
- Knowledge of regulatory standards for achieving design requirements
- Product testing and performance assessment
- Communicate with suppliers and model-makers to build prototypes for design validation
- Excellent organization skills
- Scope, plan, and execute design projects within an agile development process. Ensure that product development objectives and schedules are met.
- Carefully maintain and evolve the Honeywell brand design language in collaboration with the cross-functional team and design leadership and align with Honeywell’s overall brand goals.
- Stay on top of quickly evolving business objectives with a flexible mindset.
- Manage engagements with external design and development firms.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years design experience, to include:
- Experience in 3D CAD (Solidworks, Creo)
- Due to export control laws, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Masters degree
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating innovative concepts and commercialized products.
- Experience in Healthcare and Medical Design.
- Experience in both consulting & corporate design environments.
- Experience working across multiple types of products and platforms.
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
- JOB ID: req243929
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.