Project Manager – Sourcing Transitions
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) is seeking a Sr. Manager Project Management Leader. This role reports to the Director of M&A and Transitions and will play an integral role as a leader of Sourcing aspect of ISC repositioning projects. The leader will be required to coordinate and integrate transition projects as they relate to all tasks involving Sourcing actions required to support and drive a successful project from Feasibility through strategy, planning, execution and close out as part of a greater project team.
You will have a strong understanding of project management activities, including the end to end project management process in a fast paced, complex business environment. You will work within a team of collaborative colleagues, working on high-impact projects that move the business forward. You will help drive the team to create project plans/timelines, meet deadlines, resolve issues, track, monitor and summarize progress of projects and prepare reports for senior leadership regarding the status and progress of the project.
· Oversee and coordinate the Sourcing operational and strategy creation of ISC repositioning projects
· Create and maintain a prescriptive Integrated Milestone Schedule for all assigned projects, assure all milestone activities are identified, monitored, completed on schedule, and reported to Procurement Leadership and project team on progress and status
· Inspire and influence key stakeholders to drive changes to ensure projects meet time, cost, delivery and quality objectives
· Develop and maintain a strong operating system to monitor project’s progress, assess risks, ensure timely intervention, and transparency to current state with project stakeholders
· Coordination with internal customers (Engineering, Manufacturing, GBE Leaders, Quality, Materials, SIOP) to justify resources to meet large project requirements
· Seamless alignment with Supplier Development Engineers ensuring first articles are approved by the Quality function, supplier assessment when/if required are completed, supplier readiness assessments are complete, processes are optimized, and confirmation of supplier tooling readiness is achieved
· Proactive supplier tooling life management, refurbishment, CAPEX execution, and overall optimum manufacture capability
· Drive improvements based on observation and Inputs from other key functions utilizing lean methodologies to improve/eliminate bottlenecks, VMI processes, supplier production processes, tooling refurbishment, drive risk mitigation, and improve supply continuity
· Work with buyers, and planners to ensure ERP System requirements are correct, operational, and supplier automation tools are utilized
· Fully accountable for driving the results to meet target objective
· Change agility, strategic vision, and mobilize others in the organization to initiate change
· Able to travel up to 25% travel to various sites though region will be required. Some travel to key supplier globally may also be required based on the transition planned.
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of professional experience working within large matrixed organizations, with proven track record of innovation, delivery, and results
· 3+ years Project/Program Management experience in Integrated Supply Chain with emphasis on Sourcing
· Project Management Certification (PMP) although not required
· Experience helping lead an organization through change is preferred, including direct experience with supply chain transformation activities, operating initiatives, and cost control programs that build growth and profitability
· Highly motivated to succeed with an approachable manner as well as engenders trust and confidence at all levels of the organization
· Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing environment
· Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
· Knowledge of basic commodity management, purchasing principles and strong negotiation skills (intercompany and suppliers)
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence peers and across the organization
· Good Judgement and Decision Making. Considers all factors to form the best overall solution
· Professional in Microsoft Office
· Exceptionally strong strategic thinker, driven and able to move fast
· Strong analytical skills with outstanding management and operational instincts
· Conviction, supported views and appropriately advocates while being open to ideas of others. Takes personal responsibility to ensure full execution
· A talented communicator with the ability to impact, influence and motivate external and internal stakeholders
· Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects
· Ability to lead/drive change, and influence/mentor others
· Drives results through inclusion and collaborative behavior
- JOB ID: HRD115105
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States