Product Security Process & Governance Leader
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Product Security Process & Governance Leader (PSGL) reports to the Safety & Productivity Solutions Directory of Product Security with primary focus on creation and oversight of Secure Development Processes, Standards & Workflows. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for continuous improvements of existing processes and ensure alignment with broader corporate initiates.
The PSGL will also severe as the cross-functional representative for SPS and serve on committees to include adoptions of various services and capabilities to sure the secure development lifecycle (SDLC).
This is a senior technical (non-supervisory) role.
- Develop, optimize and govern the effective implementation of product security practices in NPI (New Product Introduction) projects
- Chair and Lead the Software Security Group (SSG) for SPS
- Institutionalize practices to identify and quantify product and portfolio product security risks
- Maintain and report product security metrics of all SPS products throughout the development life cycle and drive continuous improvements
- Provide training, coaching, and expert consultation in secure development practices to the business and development teams
- Enable SPS leadership team to understand security risk, participate in technology and resource needs planning
- Ensure adoption of Product Security initiatives and SPS standard components across the GBE product lines
- Act as the SPS focal for critical customer cybersecurity issues (PSIRT), product security compliance, and external security certifications
- Monitor external security sources for vulnerabilities which impact SPS products
- Coordinate and track remediation of product security incidents
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- 4+ years Technical leadership experience in the software security field
- 3+ years Familiarity with Cloud-based applications, PC/server based software, mobile applications, and embedded software
- 4+ years with incorporating cyber security into software development processes and programs.
- Certifications in security and privacy demonstrating deep practical knowledge such as CSSLP or CISSP
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- Strong knowledge of secure software development lifecycle and practices such as threat modeling, security reviews, penetration tests, and security incident response
- Understanding of security by design principles and architecture level security concepts
- Up to date knowledge of current and emerging security threats and techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
- Excellent communication and leadership skills