Mobile Android Architect
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell’s Safety and Productivity Solutions group. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Requirements and design
- Software architecture and coding
- Feature Definition
- Customer Support
- Verification and Validation
- Ability to code in multiple languages
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 years of Android/Linux device driver development, and familiar with Android/Linux system
- 5 years experience in software development including requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Bachelors degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Rich experience in Android key components (Audio, USB, Camera, Sensor, LCD, WiFi, NFC, BT, and Power Management)
- Familiar with Android HAL, JNI, framework, have the capability to fix android framework defects
- Analyze and optimize mobile product and infrastructure code
- Optimize CPU, memory, I/O, network and battery usage in our mobile applications
- Research and summarize adjacent technology trends to provide guidance
- Develop architectural and platform requirements.
- Work closely with strategic partners on next generation kernel releases and feature requirements.
- Align software architecture to customer requirements and participate in key customer account discussion on product roadmap and features.
- Strong skills in Android/Linux trouble shooting
- Experience in Git/Gerrit source code management system
- Experience with C, JAVA, C, C# coding languages.
- Experience in low power mobile platform preferred (Qualcomm snapdragon 600/800, TI OMAP3/4, or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in Agile Software Development and project management is preferred
- JOB ID: HRD78712
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States