Manager User Experience Design
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Deliver an end-to-end user experience across every user touch point for Honeywell SPS, using well established human-centered design principles to ensure that Honeywell products and applications are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. You will support user experience design initiatives on Honeywell products globally, and contribute directly to creating the next generation of user experiences on a wide variety of products. You will work closely with business leadership to develop brand strategies, product roadmaps and brand design languages.
- Leading UXD major projects
- Coaching and development
- Execution of user-centered designs
- User experience design best practice creation
- Managing people
- Collaboration with other GExD disciplines
- Roadmap definition for next generation
- Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant user experience design and leadership experience
- Outstanding user experience design portfolio or concepts and commercialized products.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors, psychology, user experience design or related degree
- Proficient user experience design skills, e.g., customer journey map, experience diagramming, task analysis, workflow design, etc.
- Experience with observational user research, ethnography, insighting and synthesis is a plus.
- Fluent with design sketching and prototyping tools, e.g., Industrial Design tools, Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, etc.
- Experience with design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation
- Experience with project planning, scoping and execution in a phase-gate and/or agile environment
- Graduate degree in user experience design, industrial design, human factors or related discipline.
- JOB ID: req219120
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States