Hazardous Areas Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Would you love to control Worldwide Product Safety and Performance Approvals for Hazardous location areas with respect to intrinsic safety and evaluation of electrical circuits?
Would you want the responsibility for ensuring Gas Detection products comply with existing regulatory requirements for intended global markets?
If you would, Honeywell has the career opportunity for you.
As the Hazardous Locations Regulatory Compliance Engineer, you will determine and execute regulatory requirements for new and renewal certification projects.
- Provide information and technical assistance to Design and Manufacturing on current compliance standards, regulations, and specifications
- Plan, initiate, and review conformance and compliance testing
- Research costs and product compliance evaluation requirements to achieve desired product certification or re-certification
- Communicate across all functional boundaries e.g. Sales, Marketing, Technology, Manufacturing, Quality and throughout the whole product life cycle from concept to end of life
- Develop skills providing guidance and ownership of regulatory content and markings for compliance labeling, packaging and product documentation
- Provide effective coordination of activities for product and process compliance with a wide range of regulatory objectives for fixed and portable toxic and flammable gas detection (including accessory products.)
- Administer the Quality and Regulatory Compliance Directives and National Deviations of multiple countries such as CE Marking, C-Tick, EMC, LVD, WEEE, RoHS, Machinery plus other Directive/ Standard compliance
- Realize the importance of the Global Standards such as IEC/EN 60079 series and UL/CSA/FM equivalence.
- Order Compliance test samples for third party laboratory testing
- Own the relationship with local and/or product specialty
- Manage the Compliance Data Base and upload new compliance certifications while tracking KPI metrics
- Communicate with multiple certification laboratories to procure and initiate test services track project milestones assuring on-time product certification for product release.
- Closely interact with R&D, Marketing, Project Managers and test engineers internally and with external test laboratories to ensure all issues are driven to on-time resolution.
- Evaluate Electrical Devices used in Hazardous Locations
- Perform detailed circuit analysis to determine if the device meets the requirements for intrinsic safety
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS in Engineering
- 3-5+ years of regulatory/certification experience
- 1-5+ years Hazardous Locations experience
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated Project Management experience and customer-facing skills
- SAP ERP experience
- Previous experience with Design for Intrinsic Safety and Flameproof protection methods
- Knowledgeable in Quality Management Systems, Quality Processes, Auditing Practices
- Ability to use information, judgment and logic to understand a problem or situation and assess carefully before acting
- Proficiency in the use of M.S. Office Tools E.g. Microsoft 365, PowerPoint, and Excel