External Communications Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywellis seeking a qualified business-to-business Senior External Communications Specialist to coordinate public relations and strategic communications programs for its Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) business. The individual will be a key part of a media relations team that drives top tier and trade media coverage in support of integrated marketing communication campaigns. The position will report to the Senior Manager of External Communications for Honeywell SPS.
Honeywell SPS provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors and switches.
- Collaborate with Honeywell SPS Global Customer Marketing team to increase brand awareness and support integrated campaigns with effective public relations strategies
- Lead public relations activities, including developing PR strategies, writing press releases, key messages, media statements, Q&A documents, briefing materials, etc.
- Manage industry media relations and support industry events
- Support efforts to drive top tier media coverage with powerful and creative storytelling
- Drive awareness of new product introductions and help position SPS as a thought leader on key industry trends
- Coordinate with global agency resources in key geographic regions, including North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Create digital content that can be deployed across multiple channels, such as social media and company websites
- Support crisis communications and issues management
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of PR efforts and report results to key internal stakeholders
- 10-15% travel may be required
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or English
- 5+ years of communications experience, to include:
- experience in external communications
- All applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- A proven record of executing high-impact communications projects and strong media relations expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent project management and the ability to simultaneously prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Fluency in emerging PR practices and tactics, particularly with digital communications channels, to drive thought leadership and customer engagement.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a team or individually.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Ability to work effectively with leaders at different levels of the organization.
- Experience working in large, complex organization with diverse products.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AP Style writing standards.