Environment, Health and Safety Director
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Would you like to join an organization that demonstrates a hardworking health and safety management system, combined with strong employee engagement and environment that fosters continuous improvement? Do you have experience providing global leadership and oversight to the HSE function, activities and performance for the multiple sites, establishing strong working relationships with business and SPS leaders and plant locations? Would you like to be a key leader within the HSEF organization, directing sustainable health and safety programs across SPS through incorporation of impactful operating processes and keeping in front of leading practices in health and safety standards? If you answered positively, we at Honeywell have the career opportunity for you. We invite you to apply for the role of HSE Director.
- Implements HSE standards and deploy management system
- Provides technical assistance
- Site compliance reviews
- Strong MOS administration
- Advocates HOS behaviors
- Partner with SPS leadership to achieve goals and objectives
- Identifies safety initiatives
- Measures key HSEF metrics
- Facilitates capital funding
- Business Center HSE&F AOP
- Own the execution of the SPS, HSE vision and strategy, by deploying the Management System for all acquisition projects and manufacturing locations.
- Partner with the SPS leadership to achieve SPS goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned SPS and corporate Honeywell HSE initiatives and programs are successfully deployed.
- Monitor progress of initiatives by using key metrics defined by the HSE management system and implementing a process to capture, report and improve results.
- Lead HSE aspects associated with business mergers, acquisitions and transformations.
- Solid level of Business Insight, able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the integrated relationships across the HSEF function and business.
- Experience with merger and acquisition assessments and activities including repositioning and due diligence cost and risk evaluation.
- Lead governance programs and participate in HSEF inspections, self-assessments, and audits.
- Assure successful and consistent HSEF program deployment (Risk Assessment, audits execution, MOC, IH and Exposure Assessment Programs/Medical Surveillance Programs, HSEPS Management Review, etc.)
- Support incident investigation activities, root cause analysis, corrective action identification and closure.
- Implement strategies and tactics for successful management of injury/illness cases and costs reductions.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference in engineering, manufacturing, safety, environmental science, or facilities, or
- Master’s degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused, strategic thinker
- Success of leading and developing teams
- Black Belt/TPM/Lean expert
- Extensive experience in HSE&F
- Forward-thinking experience in Facilities programs
- Managed HSEF in site facility
- Record of progressive HS&E experience