Chief Engineer, Connected Safety
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer for Safety and Productivity Solutions, this role is responsible for leading the transformation into connected software/solution of the connected safety portfolio. S/he will proactively assume decision rights to ensure flawless launch of complex connected solutions where significant technical risk is taken that can cause product or system defects, or adversely affect Honeywell reputation throughout the life cycle of the product, thus creating the right balance between innovation and risk. S/He will be recognized as the design authority in area of domain from strategy through execution.
The Priorities of the ‘Chief Engineer’ includes:
1. Operationalize MOS & track Say/Do “Technology Roadmaps”
2. Spearhead some of the key strategic priorities:
- Ensure basic connectivity – Basic instrumentation, connectivity to S/w and Data lake + Data model + Analytics
- Realize “End to End” Systems thinking – Establish clear H/w + S/w Roadmaps
- Customer First – Tie customer success metrics with S/w and System throughput performance.
- Drive roadmap realization of all products integrated with software
3. Ensures system, sub-system, and product designs are technically sound through a formal design review and approval process through CTR’s
4. Ensure system and product architectures support product road maps. Determines when/how to integrate new technologies into product architecture and design. Collaborates with COE/new vendors and makes the final decisions for flawless product launches.
5. Drive the use of common hardware and software assets and lessons learned across connected offerings. Provide technical guidance and oversight to the cross SBU and functional teams.
6. Own soft launch and co-own ok to ship approvals with GBE PAC (2). Ensure appropriate operation capabilities (digital operations) are in place at product launch.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
Spearhead key strategic priorities
Ensures system, sub-system, and product designs are technically sound
Support product road maps
Drive the use of common hardware and software assets
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree
- Relevant years’ experience in Systems / Product Engineering background with real business / customer impactful turnaround
- Change management experience with cross functional teams
- Experience in product design & optimization leveraging data insights and analytics
- Advanced degree in engineering or related filed, business degree is a plus
- Extensive engineering experience
- Significant leadership experience preferably in an international, multi-site and multicultural business environment
- Product development expertise, from idea generation to product launch
- Competence to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Market focused mindset and ability to anticipate changes in customer’s needs
- Strategic thinking and effective management implementation on complex projects
- Proven track record of successful cross functional experiences
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD52755
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd, Fort Mill, SC 29707-7539 USA