Advanced User Experience Industrial Designer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking an Industrial Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences for medical products in the healthcare division of Honeywell’s Sensing & Productivity Solutions (SPS) business. You will work with other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help reach near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
- Facilitate industrial design development and implementation for product categories.
- Develop and implement cohesive design strategies, incorporating research insights and business needs that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple products.
- Execute design projects within an agile development process.
- Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
- Carefully apply and contribute to the Honeywell brand design language.
- Stay on top of quickly evolving business objectives with a flexible mindset.
- Drive communication of the product’s design intent to manufacturers and work closely with mechanical engineering.
- Contribute toward a holistic end-to-end user experience approach that extends beyond the product and software use (e.g. purchase, maintenance, repair, etc). Attend meetings and maintain close connection with the business team and program management.
- Engage with external design and development firms.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years’ experience designing physical products
- Due to export control laws, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating innovative concepts and commercialized products.
- Master’s degree in industrial design or related field.
- Experience in Healthcare and Medical Design.
- Experience working across multiple types of products and platforms.
- Proven understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes involved in product development. Extensive insight and knowledge of production methods and materials.
- JOB ID: HRD116974
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.